If you’re looking to qualify as a Chartered Accountant but you don’t yet qualify for the CTA or if you need a refresher due to gaps since you last studied.
Our Bridging Course develops confidence and a strong foundation in accounting to improve your chances of completing the CTA first time.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fast track your B.COM onto the CA(SA) path
- Milpark Education Bridging Course (Short Course Programme in Advanced Accounting)
- 6-Month programme
- At your option can be spread over 1 year as a half workload
- 2 intakes each year in February and July
- Successful completion guarantees entry into our SAICA-accredited CTA
- Flexible learning that fits around your life, whether you study part time or full time
- Safe learning and assessment that continues regardless of COVID or unrest
- Designed and run by the former lecturers of CA Connect
HOW DOES THE ONLINE BRIDGING COURSE WORK?
- All aspects are available online
- Follow a structured weekly journey
- Lecturers available whenever needed
- Easy to follow schedules and guidance
- Engage with a supportive community of lecturers and students walking the path with you
- Write tests just about anywhere
- Your option to write at a venue or online
- 38 venues across South Africa and Namibia, or internationally by arrangement, or
- Remote proctoring from your home or office
RESOURCES & SUPPORT
- Series of bite-size video lectures covering every concept
- Quizzes to test your knowledge
- Practice questions and past tests and exams with feedback videos
- 1-on-1 live online discussions
- Weekly live online group discussions for each subject
- Mentorship from lecturers and past students
- Places limited so that we can provide excellent support
DOES THE BRIDGING COURSE CATER TO YOU?
- The Bridging course is for you if:
- You want to join the CA(SA) path
- You’re looking to qualify as a Chartered Accountant but you don’t yet qualify for our CTA
- You need a refresher due to extended gaps in your studies
- You’re looking to develop confidence and a strong foundation in accounting to improve your chances of completing our CTA on your first attempt
- Minimum entry requirements:
- A completed B.Com (or equivalent at NQF level 7), and
- Financial Accounting up to at least 2nd-year level (NQF level 6)
HOW DOES IT WORK IF I CHOOSE TO DO THE PROGRAMME OVER 1 YEAR?
- In the first 6 months you do 2 subjects
- In the second 6 months you do 2 subjects
- 6-monthly fees (see below) are halved
- More information on this option
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- The Bridging course (Short Course Programme in Advanced Accounting) provides entrance into Milpark Education’s CTA / PGDA which is accredited by SAICA and the CHE and registered on the NQF as SAQA ID 108930
- As the bridging course is shorter than a year, we are not able to register it on the NQF or accredit it with SAICA or the CHE
- Full programme fact sheet
- Textbooks required
- Stable internet access that is fast enough to stream videos is required, as well as a webcam and mic.
- Fees and payment terms (2024)