If you believe what we believe about education, what we offer may be for you.
These are our core beliefs:
- Academic success should be about teamwork between students and lecturers where lecturers aren’t authorities telling you what to do, but people who walk with you throughout your journey.
- The same institution should provide all parts of a programme as a curated, personal and inclusive experience.
- Being able to join a course should not affected by where you are located.
Based on these beliefs, in a single process, our educational journey connects you to an authentic community of great lecturers and students, exposes you to accessible and engaging content, gives you flexibility to work in your own time and at your own pace and provides integral, holistic and tailored support.
We want to be authentic and provide you with things that work effectively, so this is what we prioritise:
- Great lecturers who, most importantly, are great people. They should be approachable and easy to contact, they need to know what they are talking about, explain things clearly and simply, expose you to the real world and not just theories, and they should genuinely want you to succeed by walking with you through every part of the journey.
- Accounting is almost impossible to learn by only reading a book, but we also know you don’t want to sit through long lectures. When we tackle a topic, we create a series of short lecture videos that get to the heart of each issue, followed by some questions that diagnose what you know, what you don’t know, and show you know how to improve.
- Practicing past questions are crucial in showing you how these issues come up in tests and exams. After you have practiced them, we talk you through effective processes in solving problems and ways of putting your thoughts down in a way that reflects your knowledge.
- You’ll know that academic success involves a lot more than just technical knowledge, so we intertwine multi-layered advice including everything from academic insight to study and exam techniques to ideas for getting better at life, health… and everything in between.
- When life gets in the way, we work with you in adapting and monitoring your plans so that you stay on track.
- And we connect you to our diverse range of previously successful students who have walked in your shoes and know that your journey is firstly about emotion and willpower before you get the technical stuff right.
You are supported by our lecturers in a way and at a time that suits you, including:
- Interactive discussion forums throughout each topic,
- Weekly live online group discussions for each subject in day and evening time slots,
- One-on-one live video chat (Skype), phone and email assistance.
And most importantly, as your time is precious, we get back to you quickly and try our best to make ourselves available to you at a time that is convenient.
You’re also monitored, so if you’re not quite on track, we get hold of you to help you plan to get back track in a way that is helpful in your circumstances.