Head of Department of Professional Accounting
“Education could be renamed as “liberation”… it is the only way to achieve true freedom in every facet of life.”READ MORE
My alma mater
Personal and professional goals
To keep fostering and growing communities that have massive impact.
A relevant achievement or accomplishment – including professional and other qualifications
- Runner up in SAICA’s 2014 Top 35 Under 35 Chartered Accountants in South Africa,
- Expert advisor to the JSE & SAICA’s Financial Reporting Investigation Panel (FRIP)
- Regular member of SAICA’s academic review team,
- External examiner at UCT, Wits, Rhodes
- Previous member of the Financial Reporting Technical Committee (sub-committee of the Financial Standards Reporting Council in terms of Section 203 of The Companies Act, 2008 (Act No. 71 of 2008))
Overview of qualifications, skills and areas of expertise
- CA(SA) – SAICA
- Master of Commerce (Tax) Cum Laude – Wits
- Bachelor of Business Science (Honours) – UCT
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting – UCT
- Postgraduate Diploma in Income Tax Law – UCT
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Accounting – UCT
Why are you proud to be a part of the CA Connect team?
This team is different to any other team in professional accounting education, in the best way possible. We achieve results through genuine care for each other and students. We don’t try to be perfect, but we try to work together as a healthy and authentic team. Through the inevitable ups and downs of any tough but valuable journey we support each other, trusting that excellent processes lead to remarkable outcomes.
Which of the CAC Values appeal to you the most and why? (Real, Care, Learn)
Real – we make mistakes, we say “um” and “I’m not sure”, but we turn up every day trying to be a tiny bit better than the day before.
What does the CA(SA) qualification represent to you?
It’s a door to leveraging the significance of your life, more than you dared imagine.
If you think of the word “successful,” who is the first person that comes to mind and why?
Maya Angelou – what a lady!
If you could put up a saying on a banner that was displayed around the country, what would it say and why?
To know all is to forgive all.
What does the future of education look like to you?
Fascinating! Amped to be part of the future, and to grateful be joining for the ride.
If you had to define the role of a “teacher”, what would it say?
Exponential seed sowing!