Positions available in all four subjects
CA Connect has joined forces with Milpark Education. Together we are developing ground-breaking solutions in SAICA-accredited education.
We are looking for four Course Developers to assist with the development of online course material at an undergraduate 3rd year level on a contract basis until the end of the year. Availability may be on a full time or part time basis and there is opportunity for flexible working hours. Appointment to the positions will be as soon as possible, so don’t delay in applying if you are interested.
More details are provided below.
CA Connect has been involved in offering CTA support and SAICA-accredited CTA programmes for the last 8 years. In partnership with Monash South Africa, we were the first private institution to obtain SAICA CTA accreditation in South Africa and CA Connect’s lecturers have more than 50 years combined experience in CTA programmes around South Africa. From 2018, CA Connect has merged with Milpark Education, part of the Stadio Holdings education group, and now constitutes the newly-formed Department of Professional Accounting at Milpark.
In 2018 we are developing online courses to be launched as part of our SAICA-accredited offerings in 2019. Our ultimate goal is to offer:
- an innovative modern learning environment
- with industry-leading academic support
- that focuses on unique student learning needs; and
- that is accessible to candidates in their own homes throughout South Africa.
We believe that the best way to achieve academic success is through teaching that is based on relationships of genuine care.
Milpark Education is a tertiary institution unlike any other, and is focused on new ways of learning and challenging convention. Our offering ranges from undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, to continuing education and corporate training. Our MBA programme has consistently ranked #1 Private MBA in South Africa. Our flexible learning platforms have provided students with an alternative to traditional universities by creating a quality education structure that is flexible yet disciplined.
The position of Course Developer sits within the newly-formed Department of Professional Accounting and confers responsibility for the development of online course material at an undergraduate 3rd year level in one of the chartered accountancy subjects: namely, Financial Reporting; Management Accounting and Finance; Taxation; and Corporate Governance and Auditing (i.e. four positions).
Positions will initially be for contacts until the end of 2018. Appointees will be considered for permanent positions which become available once the course begins running, which is planned for 2019.
Salaries will be market-related. Appointment to the position would be as soon as possible. Availability may be on a full time or part time basis and there is opportunity for flexible working hours, as much of the work will be done remotely.
Requirements to Apply
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA(SA))
- At least 20 hours a week available to dedicate to the position
- Reliable internet connection, as much of the work will be done remotely
- Suitable home working environment, as much of the work will be done remotely
Key Selection Criteria
- Previous tertiary education experience. Experience with course and material development will also be advantageous.
- Technical competence in selected subject specialisation
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- A passion for developing students through genuine care
- A keen interest in education and learning
- An industrious and gregarious attitude with the ability to learn, solve problems and complete tasks without close supervision
- Ability to design content in a way that stimulate and develop critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work independently but also closely liaise with PGDA subject head and Programme Coordinator to assure the syllabus criteria are met
- Willingness to participate in video recordings